Measure I.1– Improving the productivity and competitiveness of the area’s economic, rural and environmental resources.
Project Title: Strengthening professional adult education in rural areas
|Republic of Serbia
|Bosnia and Herzegovina
Beneficiary of funds in the Republic of Serbia: Caritas Šabac
- Beneficiary of funds in Bosnia and Herzegovina: Caritas Bishops’ conference of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Partners: Municipality Kreševo, Kiseljak and Fojnica ; Caritas Serbia and City of Šabac
Area of implementation:
- Serbia: Macvanski county, Sabac, Vladimirci, Bogatic
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Central Bosnia Canton, Fojnica, Kresevo,Kiseljak
The target groups of the project: women, young and unemployed from rural region
Project duration: 01.03.2013. – 20.11.2014.
The overall objectives:
Reinforcing social links in rural areas of Serbia and BiH;
Preventing social isolation of marginalized rural groups: unemployed, women, and youth;
Revitalization and development of rural areas of Serbia and BiH.
Fighting rural exodus in the cross border regions.
The specific objectives of the project:
Offering new employment opportunities to rural families in Central Bosnia and Macvanski County through professional adult education.
Activities and results of the project
The project had the aim to encourage rural development and to promote a new way of combat in social exclusion and unemployment in the rural area in border region. Due to that fact various types of activities were conducted
- The training for trainers-14 functional maps and 14 training curricula for 14 training modules were designed under agriculture, tourism, and social services sector;
- Through 14 vocational trainings more than 230 participants were trained for additional jobs in agriculture (collecting and processing of the medicinal plants, beekeeping, and production of homemade food), tourism (tourist guides, village recreation and village tourism) and social services (providing home-care);
- Valuable experience was gained through study visits to France and Linz, national fairs (more than 250 participants were involved in the project had opportunity to visit them). Also, 20 beekeepers received technical knowledge on “Beekeeping” business during the study visit to beekeepers in Mačva. And 20 people were trained on herbs processing business in workshop in Fojnica.
People in rural aria are interested to stay in the country, supposing the better conditions were provided for the financial progress and better life. So the including of the local authorities in the project is crucial for resolving problems. Acquired professional knowledge and better connection between rural communities improved cooperation in resolving mutual problems in future.