Project title: Wise use of common natural resources – road to sustainability of the Serbia/BiH cross-border region
Budget: SRB € 134,958.35 & BIH € 121,072.25 Total € 256,030.60
Applicants: Applicant 1 – Uneco – Belgrade, Serbia
Applicant 2 – Center for Environmentally Sustainable Development (CESD) – Sarajevo, Bosnia and Hercegovina
Partners: Applicant 1’s partners – 1.Municipality Bogati? 2.Municipality Mali Zvornik
Applicant 2’s partners – 1.Publuc Utility Company Directorate of Construction and Development, Bijeljina 2.Municipality Zvornik
Duration of the Action: 24 months
|Overall objective: Overall objective of the Action is to contribute to sustainable development of the Serbia-BiH cross-border region by fostering cooperation and multi stakeholders approach in integrated natural resources|
1.To increase capacities of local stakeholders to actively operate in environmental management in cross-border area.
2. To foster cross-border institutional partnerships through developing joint actions for protection and efficient utilization of the regional resources.
3. To increase public awareness and public support for protection and sustainable use of natural resources in the cross – border region.
|Target groups: Local authorities, Non Governmental Organisations, Professional category, Indigenous peoples|
|Final beneficiaries: The project target groups are at the same time the final beneficiaries of the project outcomes. They are: • Local authorities in 6 target municipalities • Public utility companies dealing with forest resources management and/or utilization drinking and waste water management • Authorities in charge of water resources management • Civil society organizations (CSOs) • General public|
|Estimated results of the action:
(1) Increased capacities of local stakeholders in 6 target municipalities (3 in BiH, 3 in Serbia) to actively operate in environmental management in cross-border area.
(2) Developed the Action plan for wise use and protection of natural resources in 6 municipalities in the Drina River Basin.
(3) Increased public participation in environmental decision making through active involvement in action plans drafting.
(4) Increased public awareness for protection and sustainable use of natural resources by implementing public outreach activities.
|Main activities: 1. Analysis and mobilization of the stakeholders; 2. Capacity building of local stakeholders; 3. Development of the Action plan for wise use and protection of natural resources; 4. Facilitating of the public consultation process; 5. Dissemination and promotion of the project activities; 6. Project management and evaluation|
https://srb-bih.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/cb-hih-logo2.png 0 0 Jelena Stojanov https://srb-bih.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/cb-hih-logo2.png Jelena Stojanov2012-12-01 13:12:172017-09-29 12:46:25Project Overview